Gere ka chumah zor seh lageh
It’s been a year since I last blogged. I had taken a sabbatical. My previous 2 blogs drained me out completely. I had bloggers block. I am back now and hope to be as irregular as I previously was.
I was following the developments in the Indian media recently. I am proud to say we are finally shoulder to shoulder with the American media, in dishing out crap. The kissneh kisko kiss kiya occupies front page and is flashed allover the media. It’s not just the media that is to be blamed. I have seen much steamier kisses in bollywood movies and all hell breaks loose when Gere kisses Ms. Shetty. WTF people- get a life. Some god damn high court judge had the audacity to issue a warrant. That’s because next day he would get to say " Dekho beti merah naam be aayah hain paper main" Richard Gere, Shilpa Shetty aur main.......
Of all the stuff that is there to cover -the media prefers to give coverage to the nincompoops who protest outside Rakhie Sawants or Dhonis house- demolishing his half made brick wall. They fail to understand that rest of the world looks at India through the eyes of the media. An average American knows India from Indiana Jones- temple of doom. "Oh you have lots of elephants and monkeys right?” Add the Indian media to the equation and we have Dumber Americans.
Shilpa Shetty was not at the receiving end of all this. The publicity she achieved from Big brother and Gere ka chumah out did all her movies at once. There was a period when I was so tensed; I would break out in a sweat in the middle of the night. Why? Because I didn’t know what Ash would wear for her wedding or how Shilpa is coping in big brother?
All this has got me my share of limelight too. People at work able to relate my surname to the happenings in the media and letting the rest know we have a "Shetty" among them. Better watch out for me guys. Aur Mandira tereh ko akal kabh ayegah??
I was following the developments in the Indian media recently. I am proud to say we are finally shoulder to shoulder with the American media, in dishing out crap. The kissneh kisko kiss kiya occupies front page and is flashed allover the media. It’s not just the media that is to be blamed. I have seen much steamier kisses in bollywood movies and all hell breaks loose when Gere kisses Ms. Shetty. WTF people- get a life. Some god damn high court judge had the audacity to issue a warrant. That’s because next day he would get to say " Dekho beti merah naam be aayah hain paper main" Richard Gere, Shilpa Shetty aur main.......
Of all the stuff that is there to cover -the media prefers to give coverage to the nincompoops who protest outside Rakhie Sawants or Dhonis house- demolishing his half made brick wall. They fail to understand that rest of the world looks at India through the eyes of the media. An average American knows India from Indiana Jones- temple of doom. "Oh you have lots of elephants and monkeys right?” Add the Indian media to the equation and we have Dumber Americans.
Shilpa Shetty was not at the receiving end of all this. The publicity she achieved from Big brother and Gere ka chumah out did all her movies at once. There was a period when I was so tensed; I would break out in a sweat in the middle of the night. Why? Because I didn’t know what Ash would wear for her wedding or how Shilpa is coping in big brother?
All this has got me my share of limelight too. People at work able to relate my surname to the happenings in the media and letting the rest know we have a "Shetty" among them. Better watch out for me guys. Aur Mandira tereh ko akal kabh ayegah??

2 Comments:
its so damn funny; that a Shetty is talkin abt another Shetty :D...defend maga defend...let me see who bothers you :)
Mayur,
Congrats on your wedding!! I am Niki's friend and she gave me your blog! Must say you are really funny :-) I kept nodding my head as I read about how silly and ridiculous news gets sensationalized by our Media...you must see the slow motion and 'breaking news' in hindi, you would kill yourself!
Post a Comment
<< Home